" Shoes for the 21st Century "

( a short story )


 


 "SHOES FOR THE 21st CENTURY"


Ancient Techniques and Modern Technology, can be of mutual benefit to society, when properly balanced & applied.


 

MASS CUSTOMIZATION....

There is a Global Trend based on a "Grass Roots Theory" that clothing and footwear should fit perfectly, while employing people in a local community to produce the products of that region.

With the most recent developments in the World of 3D CAD/CAM Computers, the technology required to make
Mass Customization a "reality" is now available.

The day people have dreamed about, "where you can walk into a store and put your foot in a box and have your footwear made to fit perfectly", is here now!

Digitoe has been a leading developer in the process and technology of Mass Customization of Footwear since 1988. Due to the nature of the process, the "individualization" of the fitting and selection of materials can be accomplished by the end user before purchasing the item.

This reduces the need for inventory at the retail level, and eliminates the need to return product for "poor fit". These cost saving measures can be passed on to the consumer, and reflected by the reasonable cost of "customization" which has been prohibitive for most people, until now.


 

REGIONAL MANUFACTURING....

Due to the rapidly changing "global economy", it is no longer cost effective to centralize production in some remote region of the World in order to exploit the local "cheap labor market."

Digitoe has developed an efficient low cost manufacturing facility, that can produce reasonable numbers of product, in a short period of time, to make it cost effective.

These "Retail Manufacturing Centers" can be set up anywhere. Employment opportunities are created for local people to operate the "high tech equipment", that will produce the shoes of the future. These newly developed "jobs" will be the "careers" of the future.


 

SHOES THAT FIT PERFECTLY IN A MATTER OF DAYS OR HOURS....

Along with the advancements in technology are the benefits of "New Concepts in Fit, Comfort & Service". Once your particular fitting and size requirements are entered into a computer, the variable functions of the production process are managed by the computer system. The "hours" of time required in the past to customize patterns and such has been reduced to "minutes".

Soon the technology will be available for you to walk into a Digitoe Center, and have your "Custom Fit Footwear" in as little as 2 hours. Some styles and special work will take longer, perhaps 3-5 days.

The fit and comfort will always be the same, perfect!


 

INVESTING IN QUALITY FOOTWEAR....

Footwear has rarely been seen as an investment. Shoes are mostly thought of as cheap and disposable. However, "Disposable" is not necessarily "Cheap".

In the short term the low cost product may seem more desirable, until it has to be replaced after a short period of use.

These items are disposable. Now you are forced to buy another unit. In the long run you will pay a much higher price.

"Proper Fit" should be your first concern!

Fit is rarely an issue with "cheap" products. "Poor fit" is not only uncomfortable to the user, it can create other hazards and physical problems. These products are designed with an obsolete formula based on the bottom line "quarterly profits".

Investing in quality footwear means that you personally benefit in "long term" financial savings, and "short term" you get the benefit of comfort and reliability.

Quality footwear can be rebuilt, and that saves space in our landfills and maximizes the use of our resources as well as giving our client, added value for their investment.

In the future footwear that fits properly, that can be rebuilt and maintained will be seen as the best value.

STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS !


Site Map

Return to Main Page


Digitoe.com
ShoeSchool.com
DigiLast.com
ShoeMakers.com
SandalCrafters.com
Clown Shoes.com

Press

Shoe Art Gallery

Video Gallery

Business Opportunity

Contact Us

 

Interesting Links


Short Stories

Custom Fit Footwear

What is a Shoe Last?

Once Upon A Time...

Custom Made Shoes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Contact Us

 

© Copyright 1988-Present Digitoe Inc., All Rights Reserved.